- The Girls team beat rival Clackamas 445-441 besting them in the final event - 400 Freestyle Relay - swam by Gracie Zarosinski, Grace Gunderson, Jackie James and Jane Shroufe
- All three of the girls relays are proceeding to the state meet next weekend - congrats to the state qualifiers in these relays which include those already mentioned above and Sam Brich, Olivia Watt, and Sidney Chan-Orcutt
- Jane Shroufe garnered the high point award for the district meet! AMAZING FEAT!
- Gracie Zarosinski and Grace Gunderson teamed up in the 200 Freestyle to finish 2nd and 5th respectively, both with best times, and with Gracie Zarosinski earning a place at the state competition
- In the 200 Individual Medley - Jane Shroufe (1st & state qualifier), Sidney Chan-Orcutt (2nd) and Jackie James (5th) dominated the competition, this was a key race fueling the girls win. Jane also came in 1st and qualified for state in the 100 breaststroke, while Gracie Zarosinski raced to a 2nd place finish in her 100 freestyle and also secured another spot on the state team. Jackie James was also 2nd place in the 100 backstroke, barely missing a spot at the state meet
- Senior Quinn Thygeson swam a best time in the 200 Individual Medley & 500 Freestyle, placing 9th and an amazing 6th in these events respectively, while brother Kellen swam to a 13th place in a best time in the 100 Backstroke
- Samantha Brich, Olivia Watt and Katelyn Willis went 1, 3, and 8 in the 50 Freestyle, with Sam garnering a spot in the state championship meet in a week.
- Ian Watt eared his first two state berths in the 50 (2nd place) and 100 freestyle (2nd place) events, swimming best times in finals, while Ryan Casey swam a season best time to place 12th
- Makenzie Chan-Orcutt scored key points throughout the meet that figured in heavily to the girls win...she was 5th in the 100 Butterfly and 6th in the 100 Breaststroke!
- Rachel and Matthew Storey swam best times in all of their events with Rachel placing 6th in her 100 butterfly and 9th in her 100 backstroke. Matt shattered his best time in the 100 Butterfly earning an 11th place finish
- Katelyn Willis swam two best times and earned spots into the A finals in both of her individual events, placing 8th in the 50 Free and 6th in the 100 free
- Senior McKayla Hainey swam a key race in the 100 freestyle, finishing 12th overall filling a spot that was central to the girls win!
- Rachel Boone swam a career best time in both of her events - the 100 Breaststroke (8th) and the 500 freestyle (12th) - NICE JOB!!
Coach Bryan Watt was voted the Mt Hood Conference coach of the year for the Girls team.
MHC Results: (pdf)
More info (pdf)
Friday Prelims (February 16th) -
Saturday Finals (February 17th) -
Jackie James - 200 Med Relay & 400 Free Relay
Sam Brich - 200 Med Relay, 50 Freestyle & 200 Free Relay
Olivia Watt - 200 Med Relay & 200 Free Relay
Katelyn Willis - 200 Med Relay (alternate) & 200 Free Relay (alternate)
Rachel Boone - 400 Free Relay (alternate)
McKayla Hainey - 400 Free Relay (alternate)
Grace Gunderson - 200 Medley Relay (alternate), 200 Free Relay (alternate) & 400 Free Relay
Sidney Chan-Orcutt - 200 Free Relay & 400 Free Relay (alternate)
Makenzie Chan-Orcutt - 200 Free Relay (alternate) & 400 Free Relay (alternate)
Annie Pullella - 200 Med Relay (alternate)
Ian Watt - 50 & 100 Freestyles
Jane Shroufe - 200 Med Relay, 200 IM, 100 Breaststroke & 400 Free Relay
Gracie Zarosinski - 200 Freestyle, 100 Freestyle, 200 Free Relay & 400 Free Relay
Sophia Norgart - 200 Free Relay (alternate)